It is also called County Public Accounts and Investment Committee. It consists Chairperson and not less than three other Members. It is constituted immediately following the general election serves for a period of three calendar years and that constituted there after serves for the remainder of the Assembly term.
The Public Accounts and Investments Committee is a watch dog committee.
Its role is to examine:
- The accounts showing the appropriations of the sum voted by the
- House to meet the public expenditure and of such other accounts laid before the House as the Committee may think fit.
- The reports and accounts of all county public investments.
- The reports, if any, of the Auditor General on the public investments; and
- Whether the affairs of the public investments, are being managed in accordance with sound financial or business principles and prudent commercial practices.
- The committee does not examine any of the following-
- Matters of major Government policy as distinct from business or commercial functions of the public investments;
- Matters of day-to-day administration; and,
- Matters for the consideration of which machinery is established by any special statute under which a particular public investment is established.
The County Public Accounts and Investments Committee consist of a chairperson and not less than three other Members. The County Public Accounts and Investments Committee constituted immediately following the general election serves for a period of three calendar years and that constituted thereafter serves for the remainder of the Assembly term.
- Hon. Ali Dima – Chairperson
- Hon. Mohamed Jirmo
- Hon. Abdi Sora
- Hon. Stella Akwalo
- Hon. Sumeiya Bishar